[wpkg-users] [poll]How do you use WPKG

Chris Wilcox not_rich_yet at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 15:16:01 CEST 2009

I use it as intended - wpkg client installed, wpkg etc living on a NAS share.

I automate software wherever I can - not because it saves time at that point (often it is quicker to manually install on smaller LANs) but because, when a PC fails or I need to add an additional PC it saves masses of time and saves me remembering what software needs to go on etc.  I always copied CD installs to the NAS before I had wpkg anyhow, so it isn't a huge step to then use wpkg instead of manually installing from the NAS anyhow.

The wpkg client depends on the TCP/IP service I believe, so it should wait for the wired or wireless LAN to connect before running unless I'm mistaken?  I use wkpg client on lots (probably a few hundred) wireless clients without problem.