[wpkg-users] upgrade to latest wpkg (1.1.2

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Mon Sep 28 17:56:15 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Pendl Stefan wrote:
>         for 1.1.2 you need to copy the config.xml file too, since it has changed the encoding and some additional settings.

Well actually you don't need to. If you're running WPKG 1.1.x you could simply
replace wpkg.js. However all "new" parameters in config.xml will be set to the
defaults (which is the case for most parameters even if you migrate your
config.xml). Some messages have been shortened (EN/DE) to work with the new
Windows Vista/7 "msg.exe" command. Maybe somebody speaking French or Italian
could do the same for these languages...

I think it's anyway a good idea not to bother the user with huge text messages.

So I fully agree that you "should" migrate your settings to the new config.xml
but WPKG could also run with your old wpkg.xml (unless you're using msg.exe user
notification with old, long, messages).