[wpkg-users] Removing a dependency, removes all packages in the dependency chain

Pendl Stefan stefan.pendl at haidlmair.at
Tue Apr 6 17:27:24 CEST 2010

Hi Rainer,

I have just encountered a strange thing.

I have package3 depending on package2 and package2 depends on package1.

Now I have considered package1 to be obsolete and removed the dependency between package2 and package1.

This results in package2 and package3 being removed and reinstalled.

Package1 is removing any JRE5 version from the system, but since this is no more preinstalled, there is no need to remove it.

Is this behavior by design or is there a way to skip removing, if the packages are still valid for the host?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan