[wpkg-users] Package upgrade and checks

Marc Hennes mh at financial.com
Thu Apr 22 09:19:22 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

I upgraded one of my packages and saw a behaviour I didn't expect. One
of my users updated "Apple Application Support" himself to a version
newer than I am trying to install. Running the MSI delivered by Safari
installer then exits with error code 1603. Running the MSI in foreground
states that a newer version of the product is already installed. So I
upgraded Safari by hand and ignored "Apple Application Support". Then I
ran WPKG again expecting that the checks will be met and the upgrade
commands wouldn't be run. But the debug output states that the checks
were not executed and the upgrade commands were run immediately leading
to the same error again.

Is this the intended behaviour? Shouldn't the checks be run every time
to avoid situations like these?

I attached the package definition. If you need any further information
just ask.

br,
Marc

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach