[wpkg-users] WPKG + Windows7

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Apr 22 08:39:39 CEST 2010

Hi Hans-Werner,

On 22.04.2010 07:02, Hans-Werner Friedemann wrote:
> I´ve tryed to run WPKG-Client on Windows7.
> My problem at this time is that I don´t get the hint, that software will
> be installed, before the "Strg + Alt + Entf"-Dialog will be displayed.
>
> At startup I can login myself normaly and the installation of my
> packages will be performed in background.
> That isn´t ideal because some of my packages need a reboot. It will be
> executed, when the User is already logged in.... :(
>
> Is there any resolution for this problem?

WPKG supports using "msg.exe" to send messages about ongoing software
installation to the user (even before the login prompt is displayed). In order
to make these messages appear make sure you do NOT invoke wpkg.js using the
/nonotify switch and "nonotify" is not set to "true" in config.xml.

You might also set the "notificationDisplayTime" in order to adjust the timeout
after which the notification automatically disappear.

The classical logon delay notifications displayed by WPKG client do not work on
Windows Vista/7 but msg.exe notifications can be displayed. Alternatively you
might also specify your own messages in the pre-execution and post-execution
scripts if you're using WPKG client.