[wpkg-users] "An unexpected network error occurred"

Steffen Kaiser skgmane at inf.fh-brs.de
Tue Apr 27 14:56:19 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm running wpkg client v1.3.9-x32.

If I use "WPKG path user" without domain prefix, e.g. I use just "wpkg"
instead of "wpkg\wpkg", I do get the error "An unexpected network error
occurred" in the event log.
Is this intentional? Usually I do not require any domain prefix to logon to
this service and the wpkginst GUI tests are OK, no failed one.

Also, the file server does not log any attempt to logon to the file share at
all. Sniffing the network connection only lists two wpkg-related entries:

Tree Connect AndX Request, Path: \\WPKG\IPC$
Trans2 Request, GET_DFS_REFERRAL, File: \wpkg\wpkg

There is also:
Session Setup AndX Request, NTLMSSP_NEGOTIATE
Session Setup AndX Request, NTLMSSP_AUTH, User: \
Setup AndX Response, NTLMSSP_CHALLENGE, Error:
STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUIRED

I'm using "SYSTEM" as local account.

Regards,

--