[wpkg-users] Removing a dependency, removes all packages in the dependency chain

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed Apr 7 18:02:45 CEST 2010

Hi Stefan,

On 07.04.2010 17:48, Pendl Stefan wrote:
>> I have reapplied the dependency today and resynchronized my
>> test machine, so that the JRE5 Remove package was installed.
>>
>> I have then reverted the dependency and synchronized once
>> more, but this time removing the package did not result in
>> any other package being removed too.
>>
>> How should we proceed, since this happened to all my testing machines?
>>

> I do have a log file from yesterday, which does include the remove and reinstall.
>
> I will send it directly to you.

OK, something seems to be strange. I will have a look at the logs. Maybe
something was mixed up in the local wpkg.xml of the hosts. Unfortunetely if
there is no clear way to reproduce it it's hard to identify potential problems.

I will have a look at the logs you sent to me (I received them, thank you). I am
going to handle this with medium priority as it seems not to be reproducible at
the moment. Please inform me if you have a clear test case where this happens or
if it happens again to you.

Thanks for the report anyway.