[wpkg-users] Windows 7 - Compatible?

Brent A Nelson brent at phys.ufl.edu
Fri Dec 10 21:20:13 CET 2010

Once you have those features, will you be adding support where a
non-privileged user could potentially launch a wpkg upgrade while logged
in? Perhaps much like Windows/Microsoft updates, where it could check to
see if there are any changes every so often, and then let the user know
what changes would be applied and give them the option to proceed? That
would be very cool.

As things stand now, we've been reluctant to upgrade large packages (say,
Office 2007->2010), as this would be applied when they turn on their
computers, and they might have to wait an hour before they can use their
machines.  But if the user got a notice that the update was ready, they
could choose to apply it or be aware that it will install on the next
reboot.

Thanks,

Brent