[wpkg-users] WPKG client service script error on clean

Vasaris krx at takas.lt
Sat Feb 27 09:41:12 CET 2010

>> I see you're not using a path-user setting but instead the machine account. I
>> personally never tried it but remember that there were some discussions that in
>> certain cases it does not work properly. Tomasz can comment on this, he knows by
>> heart I think.
>
> This should generally work, but I never really had the chance to > test it personally, due to the lack of an AD controller here.

OK :-)

> Well, I might get access to one, but so far, AD users here on the list
> reported that using machine accounts work for them (but not for Samba
> though).

I do not know, is the machine account is responsible for the error. I think the intermediate problem is to shallow error reporting code at that section, which does not allow to pin-point the exact culprit.

> Andrew: I assume the client was joined to the domain?

Yes it is. It is Windows 2000 native domain.

> You can also try http://wpkg.org/files/client/beta/1.3.14/ - although there were almost no changes in machine account handling code.

I will do that for sure. I would like to clarify - do I have to make the trasform with the Properties table additional record, pointing to settings.xml file, or else .msi package install will fail?

> If it still doesn't work, please report it on http://bugzilla.wpkg.org/
> - I will be reminded to see what happens.

I am sorry, but I do not know what exactly to report. I think you all suppose, that the problem is in the autehtication code section, when using machine account. But from the error output, I am not so sure about that. I was educated to report only the exact information, which is manifesting the bug, without any hypotehsis of my own, in case if I am not developer intimate with the inner workings of the software. I think this would be wise.

Regards,

Andrew.