[wpkg-users] WPKG client service script error on clean

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sat Feb 27 10:45:13 CET 2010

Hi,

>> Andrew: I assume the client was joined to the domain?
>
> Yes it is. It is Windows 2000 native domain.

Hmm, maybe this points us to the problem. As Tomasz said the machine account
authentication is not working well with Samba domain controllers. Samba is
emulating a Windows 2000 domain (no AD). Maybe machine authentication is only
working in AD domains.

As I am using Samba domains only I am also using a dedicated user account which
is allowed to access the share. This works quite OK but I fully agree that using
the machine account would be quite an elegant way to authenticate.