[wpkg-users] WPKG client service script error on clean install

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Feb 26 23:48:45 CET 2010

On 26.02.2010 18:15, Rainer Meier wrote:

(...)

> I see you're not using a path-user setting but instead the machine account. I
> personally never tried it but remember that there were some discussions that in
> certain cases it does not work properly. Tomasz can comment on this, he knows by
> heart I think.

This should generally work, but I never really had the chance to test it
personally, due to the lack of an AD controller here.

Well, I might get access to one, but so far, AD users here on the list
reported that using machine accounts work for them (but not for Samba
though).

Andrew: I assume the client was joined to the domain?

You can also try http://wpkg.org/files/client/beta/1.3.14/ - although
there were almost no changes in machine account handling code.

If it still doesn't work, please report it on http://bugzilla.wpkg.org/
- I will be reminded to see what happens.