[wpkg-users] Will WPKG uninstall software it did not install?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sat Feb 27 13:37:35 CET 2010

Hi Peter,

On 27.02.2010 13:07, Peter Gough wrote:
> I only offer my advice based on my own experience which is that without
> careful testing it is difficult to predict exactly what the
> implementation of wpkg will have. I've certainly tripped up more than
> once as a result of my own ill-conceived check conditions. This isn't
> the fault of wpkg, which has done exactly what I've asked it to do, but
> for somebody implementing wpkg in their own 'virgin' environment I think
> it is important to spell out the potential for adversely impacting their
> existing software installations.

Yes i think you're absolutely right that a complex system like WPKG could make
people believe that it sometimes does something which was not intended. Just due
to the fact that the user did not know about any effect of its acting.

Well, I think the topic here is well-clarified now and I hope Thomas is fine
with the answer and knows about the intended effects of using WPKG and probably
also about some "side-effects" he might experience.

Thanks for the discussion ;-)