[wpkg-users] Windows 7 64 bit client 1.3.9-x64.msi WPKG Service will not start

David Petterson david at ifm.liu.se
Mon Apr 11 12:09:57 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-11 08:36, Andrew Spiers wrote:
> Following the instructions at http://wpkg.org/WPKG_QUICK_INSTALL trying to connect to an existing wpkg installation; the installation goes successfully, and the test button works after using the fqdn of the server.
>
> The Service will not start. I am getting error 1067: the service terminated unexpectedly. The error message from the application log follows.
>
> Has anyone been able to get WPKG to work under 64 bit Windows 7? What else should I be trying?
>
> Also, we run a Samba 3 NTLM Domain. Does this mean that WPKG-GP will not work on our Win 7 machines?

I have had a similar problem caused by invalid path to the log file.
Some of our clients run a Swedish version of Windows so the path to WPKG
was "!c:\Program\wpkg" instead of "c:\Program Files\wpkg" (why why why
did Microsoft use space in the folder name?)
WPKG doesn't seem to be able to use variables in the config, so I set
the log file to C:\Windows\temp which is the same on all(?) languages.

David Petterson <david at ifm.liu.se>		Phone: +46(0)13-28 2617
Systems Administrator
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology at Linköping University
Office: F F202
SE 581 83 Linköping, Sweden