[wpkg-users] Windows 7 64 bit client 1.3.9-x64.msi WPKG Service will not start

Andrew Spiers aspiers at vpac.org
Tue Apr 12 09:55:34 CEST 2011

Thank you to Peter, Falko and David for responding. It is a great relief
to know that I am not the only one who has had a few difficulties.

Peter, I don't think your suggestion of
cscript \\server\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize /quiet would work for us,
because I don't think the user executing the script would then have
sufficient permissions.

Falko,
Thanks for suggesting the beta. (1.3.14-64)  I think I'll get a chance
to try this in the next few weeks. You mentioned trouble with WPKG-GP. I
see there is a 64 bit version, which I have got to work for a PC. My
only real gripe with it at the moment is that I'm not sure how to
configure it to log to a network share.

I'm going to see how WPKG-GP goes in the mean time. I now have a fair
bit of work to get all our package scripts 64 bit and 32 bit compatible.