[wpkg-users] Extend 64-bit support for IA64

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Sun Jul 10 13:30:22 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 10.07.2011 13:19, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> Hello Rainer,
>
> May I pester you with a patch to support AI64?

Sure, but I think I will have to apply it "blindly" after some review because I
don't own any IA64 machine (I guess you're talking about IA64, not AI64).

> Since Server 2008 R2 is available for it, it still seems to be supported.
> In addition users of that platform would benefit from the latest enhancements too, since currently only x86 and AMD64 are supported.
> Introducing support for IA64 would not change much, just add one more platform to the is64bit check function.
> The overall addition would be about twenty lines in four files completely.

Sure, I think there is only a limited amount of users requiring it. The change
shall be basically limited to a change of the getArchitecture() method and an
update of the XSD enumerations of the "architecture" extended host match
attribute which shall support "x86", "x64" and "ia64" values.

I will be away this afternoon but I think I can have a look at the changes soon
after if you send it to me.