[wpkg-users] Extend 64-bit support for IA64

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 13:46:02 CEST 2011

> > May I pester you with a patch to support AI64?
>
> Sure, but I think I will have to apply it "blindly" after
> some review because I
> don't own any IA64 machine (I guess you're talking about
> IA64, not AI64).

Those pesky typos, had my fingers crossed while hammering at the keyboard, it seems.

I do not have a testing system either, but I once got in contact with one of the first Itanium workstations an HP Itanium 1.
In general the only difference between IA64 and AMD64 is the name, those things checked by WPKG are identical.

> Sure, I think there is only a limited amount of users
> requiring it. The change
> shall be basically limited to a change of the
> getArchitecture() method and an
> update of the XSD enumerations of the "architecture" extended
> host match
> attribute which shall support "x86", "x64" and "ia64" values.

I would change the variable x64 into the general one 64bit, since it will flag any of the two 64-bit architectures.
There is no difference in handling the registry in this respect.

---
Stefan