[wpkg-users] New WPKG features vs. report tool

Kai Pastor dg0yt at darc.de
Fri Oct 21 18:14:57 CEST 2011

Hello,

I am testing WPKG 1.2.1-RC27 and have not seen any problems. Thank you
very much for your work.

So far I have also used WPKG Create Report which is linked on the
download page. This useful tool is not yet aware of the new features and
the changes in the syntax. I guess that will take quite some effort and
time for implementing an update to this tool.

I wonder if wpkg.js should include support for those kind of tools.
Wpkg.js already implements
- parsing the configuration,
- reporting packages which are installed or to be modified (/query:im),
- accepting a hostname parameter (/host:myhostname).

The next step could be to
- have a parameter for supplying the path of a local settings file which
is to be analysed,
- print (or save to a file) an XML report of host attributes and of
packages installed or to be modified.

Than it should be much easier to maintain a stable tool to create a
summary report for a collection of computers.

Kai.