[wpkg-users] New WPKG features vs. report tool

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Fri Oct 21 20:49:07 CEST 2011

Hi Stefan,

On 21.10.2011 20:39, Stefan Pendl wrote:
> There is no easy solution for this yet.
> You can specify a server-side copy of the local "database" of any client for examination by using the /config:<path>  switch to a
> config.xml file, which only contains the "settings_file_name" and "settings_file_path" properties.
> This config.xml file would be created on-the-fly by the script.
>
> Sure it would be much easier, if we could use a command line switch for this.
> In addition we would need another command line switch, which instructs wpkg.js to retrieve the host attributes from the specified
> wpkg.xml file instead of the current host.
>
> The last piece would be a parser of the output of the /query:im switch to create the HTML page.
>
> I will open some enhancement requests according the two missing wpkg.js switches, if Rainer thinks they are worth to be included.

Too slow....
/settings:<path> is already implemented since a couple of minutes.

However reading the hostname from the settings file is not planned yet as the
hostname is most likely used in the wpkg.xml filename like wpkg-[HOSTNAME].xml
filename. So the hostname is available to the program calling wpkg.js.

Moreover wpkg.js does not have any information about the host name. Well, there
is the settingsHostInfo parameter in config.xml but this is entirely optional
and I have no plans to read the hostname from there yet as this attributes are
entirely used for informational purposes only and not used by WPKG itself.