[wpkg-users] New WPKG features vs. report tool

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 20:59:00 CEST 2011

> > Sure it would be much easier, if we could use a command
> line switch for this.
> > In addition we would need another command line switch,
> which instructs wpkg.js to retrieve the host attributes from
> the specified
> > wpkg.xml file instead of the current host.
> >

> Too slow....
> /settings:<path> is already implemented since a couple of minutes.
>
> However reading the hostname from the settings file is not
> planned yet as the
> hostname is most likely used in the wpkg.xml filename like
> wpkg-[HOSTNAME].xml
> filename. So the hostname is available to the program calling wpkg.js.

Rainer,

thanks for that, I have been at work, so I was not able to give my two cents any earlier.

----

I was not talking about the hostname at all, but about architecture, lcid and such, which is included in the wpkg.xml file of the
client.

Example:
<wpkg hostname="satellite" architecture="x64" os="microsoft windows 7 home premium, , sp1, 6.1.7601"
ipaddresses="0.0.0.0,192.168.56.1,0.0.0.0" domainname="" groups="" lcid="c07" lcidOS="407">

The above information is needed to make /query work correctly for a server-side reporting tool.

---
Stefan