[wpkg-users] wpkg 1.3 changes for logfile

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:15:29 CET 2012

Am 13.01.2012 10:03, schrieb Urs Rau (UK):

> But while doing this "porting" of the patch , I thought maybe it's high
> time to check that wpkg itself has not already caught up with adding
> this feature into the core?
>
> Is it now possible to tell wpkg to write to a UNC central logfile?

This was already possible with WPKG 1.2, when not earlier.

I use the following to get the help information into a simple text file.
cscript "%~dp0\wpkg.js" /help >"%~dp0\wpkg_help.txt"

----

Any of the command line switches are contained in the config.xml file,
so you can define them at server level.

The section "Logging properties" contains all the logging settings:

* logAppend ........ create a separate log for each session
                      or append to an existing one
* logLevel ......... how much information should be logged
* log_file_path .... local or UNC path of the log file location
* logfilePattern ... file name pattern of the log file

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: