[wpkg-users] wpkg 1.3 changes for logfile

Urs Rau (UK) urs.rau at om.org
Fri Jan 13 10:03:53 CET 2012

Dear wpkg community,

I read in the wpkg 1.3 changelog that there have been improvements to the wpkg logfile usage. I can't quite see what is now new and what this means, We used to have our own set of patches that we applied on every new version of wpkg.js that allowed us to have wpkg.js write a set of central log files.

It had two parts. Part one was to extend wpkg.js so it would write to a central log file location (as well as the local stdout output) . And part two was a logfile rotate facility tat would create new versions of the logfile once they grew over a certain size.

This time around when trying to use diff and patch to "port" our patch over to the new wpkg.js file I had too many hunks failing and trying to get it to port cleanly I have run into issues of new errors that don't make sense, since my js knowledge is almost non existent, I am mostly trying to use common sense in understanding the code, but know nothing much about it's finer points.

But while doing this "porting" of the patch , I thought maybe it's high time to check that wpkg itself has not already caught up with adding this feature into the core?

Is it now possible to tell wpkg to write to a UNC central logfile?

Thanks for any feedback.

--
Urs Rau

[cid:534A0F89-E2B7-49F8-9384-0FE0A99757DA at uk.om.org]

Operation Mobilisation (OM) - a company limited by guarantee - The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, Oswestry, SY10 7LT, United Kingdom
Company reg no: 2564320 (England & Wales) - Charity reg. no: 1008196 (England & Wales) - SC040988 (Scotland)
Web: http://www.uk.om.org