[wpkg-users] First line of wpkg.xml

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 08:12:43 CEST 2012

Am 02.07.2012 13:47, schrieb Rainer Meier:

> Actually I recommend creating the clone image before even running WPKG
> for the first time. Including software in a clone image is bad from my
> point of view because the software will likely need update anyway when
> the clone image is used. So your image will include a bunch of already
> outdated software which will be replaced by WPKG on first run.

I have the same opinion like Rainer, where an image should only contain
the O/S and some "heavy" software, like CAx applications or others with
a long release cycle.

Including short release cycle applications like Firefox in an image
would just force the need to do an update anyways.

I haven't had any incidence where I would have needed to fully install a
machine within half an hour during my career.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: