[wpkg-users] Firefox addon question

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue Oct 16 16:33:06 CEST 2012

I am trying to push out adblock plus for our users to use in firefox. However I have two problems:

1. Version 1.3.10 will install just fine but when I change the version to 2.1.2 it just hangs the wpkg window. I have to CTRL+C to get it to go to the next thing. (NOTE: I am testing this in a cmd prompt as Administrator on a windows 7 machine using the command cscript \\servername\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize)

2. Is there any way with the latest Firefox (16.0.1) to auto enable addons? Or will my users have to click enable on them? I see that the behaviour changed in FF8 to make users click enable by default but is there a policy I can push with my mozilla.cfg to make this automatic?

--

Donny B.