[wpkg-users] Negative Dependency

Carlos R. Pasqualini pasqualinic at fcal.uner.edu.ar
Fri Oct 26 21:26:55 CEST 2012

El vie, 26-10-2012 a las 20:56 +0200, Stefan Pendl escribió:
> Am 26.10.2012 20:43, schrieb Geoff Brown:
> > Reposted from Stefan (as an example):
> >
> > '---code start (watch for line wraps)
> >
> > <package id="Java" name="Java" revision="2011.10.22" reboot="false" priority="10" execute="once">
> >     <include package-id="JRE6" os="5\.0\.\d{4}"/>
> >     <include package-id="JRE7">
> >         <condition>
> >             <check type="logical" condition="not">
> >                 <check type="host" condition="os" value="5\.0\.\d{4}"/>
> >             </check>
> >         </condition>
> >     </include>
> > </package>
> >
> > '---code end
> >

> You may want to use a uninstall check for applications.
>
> '---code start (watch for line wraps)
>
> <depends package-id="LibreOffice">
>      <condition>
>          <check type="logical" condition="not">
>              <check type="uninstall" condition="exists"
>                  path="Microsoft Office .*" />
>          </check>
>      </condition>
> </depends>
>
> '---code end
>
> --

Thank you guys but it's not exactly what i mean...

As i can see you are saying:

'this package depends on libreoffice unless msoffice is installed'

to be fair, i'm a Debian user since 1998, even before to start
administering windows networks, so i'm taking this dependencies schema
with the schema of Debian's package dependencies on my mind, and to have
all of those dependencies resolved, i think we need more types of
package dependencies; i cannot find the functionality i'm looking for.

See http://wpkg.org/Package_dependencies
We can define only three relationships between packages:

* depend - depends the current package to another specified package.
* chain - chains another specified package to this package.
* include - includes another specified package in the overall WPKG
process.

And now see:
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html

There we have:

* Depends (include in wpkg)
* Pre-Depends (depends in wpkg)

I can live without
* Recommends, Suggests, Enhances can be obviated in wpkg logic
* Breaks: Packages which break other packages

But i miss, or it would be great to have:
* Conflicts: Conflicting binary packages (libreoffice conflicts Apache
openoffice)
* Provides: Virtual packages (example: libreoffice and msoffice provides
'office_suite', any package depending on 'office_suite' have it's
dependencies ok if they have any of those suites installed)
* Replaces: Overwriting files and replacing packages (libreoffice
replaces msoffice (and provides it too))

What i was asking for in my first email was something like 'conflicts',
but Provides and Replaces can be very usefull too...

I cannot find this functionality in wpkg.js

is it there and i'm just missing how to get it?

Best Regards