[wpkg-users] Negative Dependency

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 21:37:52 CEST 2012

Am 26.10.2012 21:26, schrieb Carlos R. Pasqualini:

> Thank you guys but it's not exactly what i mean...
>
> As i can see you are saying:
>
> 'this package depends on libreoffice unless msoffice is installed'

If MS Office is removed, then Libre Office is installed, that was what
you asked.

I don't think we need to make things more complicated, I have always
succeeded using the current available dependencies.

Remove the package from the profile of the host and it gets removed, any
other package being blocked by that package will be installed afterwards.

I don't think one should create complex dependency constructs for
software deployment.

Assign what is needed to the host and allow installation of additional
required software through dependencies, that is simple and supported.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: