[wpkg-users] Problem with 64bit version of WPKG on WinXP 64

Kyle Conti kconti at boston-engineering.com
Wed Sep 19 16:24:52 CEST 2012

Stefan,

I apologize for not responding. It has been very busy here at work. I have tried setting the service to manual - still has the same issue of needing to repair the wpkg application. I have not set the service to stop after execution in the wpkg client settings.

WPKG_Force_Update.bat looks like:
"
:: Startup script for wpkg, for the first installation
::
:: These are not (still) defined elsewhere, define it.
::
@ECHO Updates Being Installed Please be Patient...

set WPKGROOT=\\server\data\software\wpkg
set SOFTWARE=\\server\data\software\Applications\Windows
set ALLUSERS_STARTMENU="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs"
set ALLUSERS_DESKTOP="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

:: Call directly wpkg.js, note the %* at the end, that permit to add custom parameters...
::
assoc .js=JSFile
cscript %WPKGROOT%\wpkg.js /synchronize %*
"

If you need to to send some of our past emails to catch you up, please let me know....its been since mid august since we last spoke (sorry again).

Regards,

Kyle Conti , IT Engineer
Boston Engineering Corporation
300 Bear Hill Rd. | Waltham, MA 02451 | 781-314-0753