[wpkg-users] Problem with 64bit version of WPKG on WinXP 64

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:43:12 CEST 2012

Am 19.09.2012 16:24, schrieb Kyle Conti:
> Stefan,
>
> I apologize for not responding.  It has been very busy here at work.  I
> have tried setting the service to manual - still has the same issue of
> needing to repair the wpkg application.  I have not set the service to
> stop after execution in the wpkg client settings.
>
> WPKG_Force_Update.bat looks like:
> "
> :: Startup script for wpkg, for the first installation
> ::
> :: These are not (still) defined elsewhere, define it.
> ::
> @ECHO Updates Being Installed Please be Patient...
>
> set WPKGROOT=\\server\data\software\wpkg
> set SOFTWARE=\\server\data\software\Applications\Windows
> set ALLUSERS_STARTMENU="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start
> Menu\Programs"
> set ALLUSERS_DESKTOP="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"
>
> :: Call directly wpkg.js, note the %* at the end, that permit to add
> custom parameters...
> ::
> assoc .js=JSFile
> cscript %WPKGROOT%\wpkg.js /synchronize %*
> "
>
> If you need to to send some of our past emails to catch you up, please
> let me know....its been since mid august since we last spoke (sorry again).

I don't see anything obvious, so I am lost at how to further help you.

I don't think you need to associate the .js extension on each run.
I never had a software changing it and you use "cscript" directly and
not "start" or "explorer".

Does the Windows event log shed some light on this issue?

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: