[wpkg-users] Global max execution time hardcoded?

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 20:26:31 CEST 2013

Am 03.04.2013 09:18, schrieb Nicolas BRICHE:

> When planning your instructions to your users, did you consider WOL?  Did you
> find any major drawbacks?  I wouldn't want to visit 200 BIOSes to enable WOL,
> only to find out there's a show-stopper somewhere down the line...

Sometimes WOL doesn't work on all systems of the same hardware.

We do have 40 equal systems and 5 of them don't follow WOL, even so they
are configured the same and everything is the same, hardware, firmware,
BIOS, software, way of shutting down, etc.

I ended up to wake them through BIOS power-on settings.

In general WOL is enabled by default in recent BIOS versions, so you
just have to enable it for the LAN adapters.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: