[wpkg-users] Global max execution time hardcoded?

Nicolas BRICHE nbriche at ch-peronne.fr
Thu Apr 4 09:08:48 CEST 2013

Stefan Pendl a écrit , Le 03/04/2013 20:26:
> Am 03.04.2013 09:18, schrieb Nicolas BRICHE:
>>
>> When planning your instructions to your users, did you consider WOL?  Did you
>> find any major drawbacks?  I wouldn't want to visit 200 BIOSes to enable WOL,
>> only to find out there's a show-stopper somewhere down the line...
>>

> Sometimes WOL doesn't work on all systems of the same hardware.
>
> We do have 40 equal systems and 5 of them don't follow WOL, even so they
> are configured the same and everything is the same, hardware, firmware,
> BIOS, software, way of shutting down, etc.
>
> I ended up to wake them through BIOS power-on settings.
>
> In general WOL is enabled by default in recent BIOS versions, so you
> just have to enable it for the LAN adapters.

...Okay, this _does_ explain, or at least confirm, some pretty strange things
that happened with the dozen or so boxes I've 'played' with those last few months.

I'm going to have to look more closely on the "WOL after clean shutdown / WOL
after power cut" thing too...

On average though, I'm going to have to estimate how many boxes would have these
problems and if those boxes would still be able to be reachable by other means.
 If a small enough number of boxes have WOL problems (~10%) I'll still go that
way.  If I can make it so no box miss more than a week of WPKG runs due to
reachability problems, I'll consider myself happy.

Thank you all!

Nicolas