[wpkg-users] Logical check returns null

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 20:42:27 CEST 2013

Am 03.04.2013 18:28, schrieb Jason Taylor:

> Now, some background in case you're wondering what in the world I'm doing. We're just getting ready to start using WPKG, as such we have a ton of random versions of Reader all over the place.  In addition, some users have Acrobat, and they should not have Reader installed.
>
> My goal with the above is to consider Reader installed if it either doesn't exist (no executable from any version) or is patched to the current version. If Reader is installed but isn't the current version it will run the <install> with a transform that uninstalls all previous versions.
>
> At first I thought maybe the logical and doesn't like 3 checks, but commenting one out didn't change the error message. Any ideas on what's going on here would be greatly appreciated!

The installer of Adobe Reader is smart and removes any previous version
by default, so no need to take care of this.

I would just create a simple check for the version of the uninstall
registry key.

I would assign a Adobe Reader remove package to those systems, that are
not meant to have Adobe Reader installed.

Attached find my Adobe Reader package, password "wpkg" to keep the AV
software from lurking.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: