[wpkg-users] wpkg reading wrong host architecture win7

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Dec 5 20:00:04 CET 2013

Hi Carlos,

On 05.12.2013 15:38, Carlos Gomes - STI Unesp Franca wrote:
> On these examples for intance, 7zip 32 bits on 64 systems wont allow the context
> menus, and fusion gets less information than possible if the 32b version runs on
> a 64 system.
>

> This station I use for testing is a win764, iv captured the OS infos on this
> paste: http://pastebin.com/6CM5BFpb

You're likely running wpkg within 32-bit cscript.exe. Make sure you launch
64-bit cscript.exe from system32 folder.
If you use WPKG Client make sure to install 64-bit WPKG client.

If you launch cscript.exe manually make sure you do this from a 64-bit launcher.
Or just call it via wrapper.js which is included in WPKG distribution. It calls
%SystemRoot%\sysnative\ binaries (64-bit) even when launched from 32-bit
invocation process.

Note: There is nothing WPKG can do to read 64-bit paths running in 32-bit
cscript.exe. As a result WPKG will report a 32-bit system even when running on
64-bit system. So Make sure you run the right one.