[wpkg-users] Howto monitor software upates
ralf at jr-gfx.de
Mon Feb 11 10:24:28 CET 2013
Thanks for all replies. Let me sum up what we have so far:
1) RSS or email notification
2) One bash script for each software component to update
3) Update scanner firefox plugin
4) GLPI + FusionInventory
1) Not always available.
2) Good approach, but to time intensive to set up. Additionally needs some administration to keep up with changes.
3) Not bad, but false positives is annoying and tends to ignoring messages.
4) The "huge" approach but data collected at a single point on a server. Actually what I was looking for.
I like the idea of no. 4 the most at the moment, but brings me to some other thoughts and questions which may be the wrong point to aks here:
I was planning to implement an inventory system in any way. The only free/open source server/client software available - which I found - and which is also capable of doing software licence inventory is OCS Inventory NG.
Can anybody tell me if GLPI + FusionInventory is able to do software licence inventory? It would be a great deal to have everything together at a single point...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the wpkg-users