[wpkg-users] Installshield msi exit code 1603

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Wed May 1 12:45:22 CEST 2013

Hi,
  I am trying to install some software called "Fluidigm Realtime PCR".  It has a setup.exe and a .msi file.  I can manually run the .msi as "msiexec /i %SOFTWARE%\fluidigm\fluidigm.msi /qn" and it will install successfully but if I try and do the same thing in a package I get a 'Exit code returned non-successful value (1603) on command 'msiexec.exe ....'' in the application event log.
  I've tried copying it locally and running it from the C drive in the package but the error still occurs.
  I added a /l to create a log and I've attached the log if anyone can make head nor tail of it.
Thanks
Paul

------------------------------
Paul McGrath,