[wpkg-users] Installshield msi exit code 1603

Pete Boyd petes-lists at thegoldenear.org
Wed May 1 13:45:48 CEST 2013

Hi Paul. 1603, "This software has already been installed on your
computer. Would you like to reinstall it?", has in my experience been
caused by the system thinking the app is already installed. It might be
worth forcing an uninstall before you do the reinstall; or (I'm not as
sure on this one) set the WPKG package to accept 1603 as an allowed
error code? I have it set as allowed in my packaging of .NET Framework
3.5 SP1.

--
Pete Boyd

thegoldenear.org