[wpkg-users] Installshield msi exit code 1603

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Wed May 1 13:53:54 CEST 2013

Hi Pete,
  Hope everything is well with you down in Brighton.
It isn't already installed, no registry keys, no folders.  This happens on a completely new imaged system as well.  From researching on itninja is is something to do with ' LaunchingUser versus InteractiveUser' and some DCOM setting.  I've created a transform with ISSETUPDRIVEN=1 which was one suggested fix but that didn't work.
  I've also been reading about dcom vbs fix which you are supposed to inject into the MST but I can't work out how.  I think I will just try and repackage the software.
  I hate installshield.
Paul