[wpkg-users] Installshield msi exit code 1603

Pete Boyd petes-lists at thegoldenear.org
Wed May 1 15:19:43 CEST 2013

I'm doing well thanks. These things are sent to try us, I hope you're
not tearing your hair out for long.

I don't think I can help any more than this, and you've probably done
this already, but FWIW I've read through your log file and these seem to
be the pertinent points, especially maybe the last couple of
'Property(S)' items:

1: GetInstallDriver, Can not find InstallDriver in ROT table, Return
Code = 0x80004005

1: {BED503F8-E163-4187-A209-AE0F16D4741F}

1: Extract supporting files

1: Failed to extract _IsUser.dll, Ignore it.
MSI (s) (E8!FC) [11:41:29:809]: Note: 1: 2732 2: 0
MSI (s) (E8!FC) [11:41:29:813]: Note: 1: 2732 2: 0

1: Failed to extract IGdi.dll, Ignore it.

1: Ev60845008

1: ISMsiServerStartup Failure, Failed to Open the shutdown event, Error
= 0x36b7
CustomAction ISMsiServerStartup returned actual error code 1603 but will
be translated to success due to continue marking
Action ended 11:41:29: ISMsiServerStartup. Return value 1603.

1: MsiServerStartup failed. Abort installation.
CustomAction ISStartup returned actual error code 1603 (note this may
not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Property(S): ISSCRIPT_ENGINE_VERSION = 10.50.0.125

Property(S): ISSCRIPT_VERSION_MISSING = The InstallScript engine is
missing from this machine.  If available, please run ISScript.msi, or
contact your support personnel for further assistance.

Property(S): ISSCRIPT_VERSION_OLD = The InstallScript engine on this
machine is older than the version required to run this setup.  If
available, please install the latest version of ISScript.msi, or contact
your support personnel for further assistance.

For which a quick Google search comes up with:

http://consumerdocs.installshield.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=Q108158&sliceId=1

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326674

--
Pete Boyd