[wpkg-users] Duplicate host names

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Tue Nov 5 10:15:22 CET 2013

Hi Antony,

On 05.11.2013 04:05, Antony Awaida wrote:
 > We are in the process of implementing the above approach but plan to
 > use wpkg.js /hostname:<serialnumber>  instead of wpkg.js
 > /profile:<serialnumber> as you described above. This enables us to use
 > a unique identifier for a PC, yet leverage the profile hierarchy.

Actually there is no /hostname:<var> switch. I guess what you're looking for is
the /host:<var> switch.

 > One problem though is that the log files are written to
 > wpkg-hostname.xml and not to wpkg-serial-number.xml - even though we
 > are using the command wpkg.js Is there a way to force WPKG to use the
 > hostname entered in the command line for the log file?

I guess due to the use of unsupported /hostname switch your parameters are
ineffective. Using the /host:<name> arguement should overwrite WPKG internal
hostname and therefore also allow you to use this name in logfiles (config.xml):

<param name='logfilePattern' value='wpkg-[HOSTNAME].log' />

Sent this to the list as well for reference.