[wpkg-users] Novell Client Uninstall Problems

Nils Thiele it.service.kultur at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Nov 18 09:45:10 CET 2013

Hey,
i tried to create a wpkg package for a Novell CLient 2 SP2 (IR4a).
The installation works fine, tho i could only get a unattended
installation working, no silent.
It seems there is no option for a completely silent install in this
version of the Client.
But because im using wpkg-gp for distribution this doesnt really matter.
I know there are newer Version of the Client, but this is the one our
organisation uses.

Anyway installation works fine but i cant get the remove part working
correctly.
There is a documented way (by novell) for a silent uninstall but this
one automaticly reboots your system at the end of it and you cant
deactivate it.
So WPKG doesnt check in the END if it successfully uninstalled.
This leads to the strange behavior that it gets installed again after
the reboot and then uninstalled again after the next.

Any Idea how to fix this?

This is my current package:

---
<package
	id="novellclient"
	name="Novell Client 2 SP2"
	revision="%version%"
	priority="100">

	<variable name="version" value="IR4a-20131116" />

	<check type="uninstall" condition="exists" path="Novell Client.+" />

	<!-- Install Novell Driver Certificate -->
    	<install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\novell\certmgr.exe" -add
"%SOFTWARE%\novell\nwcert.cer" -s -r localMachine trustedpublisher' />
	<!-- Install Novell Client including preconfigured options -->
	<install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\novell\IR4a\setup.exe" /ncpf:unattend.txt' >
		<exit code="0" reboot="delayed" />
	</install>

	<!-- Deactivated until working !!!

	<upgrade include="install" />

	<remove cmd='%COMSPEC% /C if exist "C:\Program
Files\Novell\Client\ncsetup.dll" rundll32 "C:\Program
Files\Novell\Client\ncsetup.dll" NWUninstallClient /s' />

	-->

	</package>
</packages:packages>
---

I plan to add the package to the database with more detailed explantions
but not until i get everything working ;)

Thanks!

Nils