[wpkg-users] wpkg client and windows 7

heiko.helmle at horiba.com heiko.helmle at horiba.com
Thu Oct 10 08:28:43 CEST 2013

> I don't run the script at startup, since startup and logon are not to be

> delayed.
> Users find really stupid ways of ruining a system, when the startup is
> delayed.
>

> > Another question : if wpkg variables are not defined you shut down
> ? Why not just do nothing ?

It depends.

Ask a notebook user who wants to go home (with the notebook) if WPKG on
shutdown is a good idea :)

Best time for WPKG is probably lunchtime. My scripts query wpkg at 12:25
(right before most people go to lunch) and - if there's work for wpkg -
pop up a message. So users can either reboot and go to lunch or they'll
have to wait it out next morning. (Or maybe delay it a bit longer
manually. I'll have to dig a bit more into WPKG-GPs code).

Best Regards
 Heiko