[wpkg-users] Unable to read profiles.xml from server

Antony Awaida antony at bizappcenter.com
Tue Sep 24 03:19:36 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone:

I recently updated my PC to the latest version of Windows 7 (including
all updates). All of a sudden my PC is unable to read the profiles.xml
file which is stored on a remote server.

I type the URL for the profiles.xml file on the server in my browser
and the profiles.xml is downloads successfully. I then store the file
on my PC and redirect WPKG to read it. Everything works fine.

However, if WPKG tries to read the profiles.xml from the server, I get
the dreaded: "Error parsing xml "....": The stylesheet does not
contain a document element.  The stylesheet may be empty, or it may
not be a well-formed XML document.|
2013-09-23 09:33:02, ERROR   : No root element found in '...."

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any insights?

Of interest, I have a Windows 8 PC and this problem did not come up!

Thanks,
Antony