[wpkg-users] "new" behaviour since wpkg.js version 1.3.1

Holger.Bauer at ricoh.de Holger.Bauer at ricoh.de
Fri Jun 27 13:35:07 CEST 2014

Dear wpkg-user,

I upgraded my wpkg.js from 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 and during some tests I found a
strange behaviour that I can't explain myself - maybe you can help me.

Usually I define some variables in my profiles.xml or hosts.xml file where
my packages refer to. Here is an example:
<variable name="EnableRDP" value="Remotedesktop" />

An typical install command in a package looks like this:
<install cmd='Netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="%EnableRDP%" new
enable=yes' />

With wpkg-version 1.3.0 this worked fine, but with version 1.3.1 I receive
an error message.

So I tried a few things and found out that I have to put a cmd /c into the
installation command so that it looks like this:
<install cmd='cmd /c Netsh advfirewall firewall set rule
group="%EnableRDP%" new enable=yes' />

Another information: If I declare the variable in the package itself the
cmd /c is not necessary and everything works as expected.

Any ideas???

Thank you,
Holger

RICOH DEUTSCHLAND GmbH, Vahrenwalder Str. 315, 30179 Hannover
Amtsgericht Hannover, HRB 5794, Geschaeftsfuehrer: Uwe Jungk
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 28769845

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das Kopieren sowie die Weitergabe dieser E-Mail
ist nicht gestattet.

This E-Mail contains confidential and/or legally protected information. If
you are not the correct addressee or have received this E-Mail erroneously,
please inform the sender immediately and delete this mail. The copying as
well as the transmitting of this E-Mail is not permitted.