[wpkg-users] Access base dir in package definition

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Wed May 14 16:34:30 CEST 2014

Hi Oliver,
On 14.05.2014 16:25, Oliver Sauder wrote:
> While implementing the wrapper script have I discovered another issue.
> We currently use wpkg-gp and use wpkg to deploy it so the SOFTWARE
> variable needs to be set accordingly otherwise it won't work and a new
> wpkg-gp with the new settings won't be deployed.

WPKG-GP can also launch the cmd script which launches wpgk.js rather than
script.exe/wpkg.js directly.

> So currently I define the SOFTWARE variable in the profiles.xml. But the
> easiest way actually would be to define it in config.xml as you have
> mentioned should be possible and the wrapper script can then just use a
> different config.xml.
>
> I was not able to define any variables in config.xml though
>
> tried the following:
> <param name='SOFTWARE' value='\\path-to-server' />

Variables are not parameters.
use
<variables>
   <variable name='SOFTWARE' value='\\path-to-server' />
</variables>

I think in one of the first mails you sent to the list you quoted an answer of
Nicolas Briche including some examples.

> but this doesn't seem to work. Any suggestion how to define variables in
> config.xml (the schema doesn't suggest that there are other possibilities)?

It does:

<xsd:sequence minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1">
	<xsd:element name="variables" type="variables">
		<xsd:annotation>
			<xsd:documentation>WPKG global variables (available to all
packages).</xsd:documentation>
		</xsd:annotation></xsd:element>
</xsd:sequence>

Clearly indicates how to specify the variables element in config.xsd.