[wpkg-users] Access base dir in package definition

Oliver Sauder os at esite.ch
Wed May 14 16:47:25 CEST 2014

> WPKG-GP can also launch the cmd script which launches wpgk.js rather
> than script.exe/wpkg.js directly.
Yes it can but I have to deploy a new revison of wpkg-gp first before it
can do that and the deployment is also done through wpkg, so first time
it calls it will still call wpkg.js and only after that the new wrapper
script.

>> So currently I define the SOFTWARE variable in the profiles.xml. But the
>> easiest way actually would be to define it in config.xml as you have
>> mentioned should be possible and the wrapper script can then just use a
>> different config.xml.
>>
>> I was not able to define any variables in config.xml though
>>
>> tried the following:
>> <param name='SOFTWARE' value='\\path-to-server' />
>
> Variables are not parameters.
> use
> <variables>
>   <variable name='SOFTWARE' value='\\path-to-server' />
> </variables>

I have seen it and tried it as well and doesn't work and it is also not
in the schema in wpkg version 1.3 which is the latest stable as it seems.

I have checked on the newest wpkg subversion repository and there the
schema contains the variables definition.
Do you use the newest version on Subversion?
As it is not released I assume it is a beta version. Any experience with
it how stable it works?

Regards,
Oliver