[wpkg-users] WPKG vs OCS

Carlos R. Pasqualini pasqualinic at fcal.uner.edu.ar
Mon Mar 9 21:09:59 CET 2015

El lun, 09-03-2015 a las 15:48 +0100, Cedric Frayssinet escribió:
> Hi !
>
> Some people on our organization plan to deploy softwares with OCS. We
> already use WPKG and we are happy with it.
>
> Do you have some comparative studies between this 2 softwares ?
>
> Thanks a lot !
>
> Cedric

Hi

I don't think the subject need to be 'Vs.', i prefer to say 'coupled
with..'

I had deployed OCS using WPKG, but never deployed a script or package
trough OCS yet. As i can see in the docs i can use OCS for things that
WPKG can't, like run a script or program on a target host which is
already running and not to wait for the next reboot or a scheduled task
of WPKG; indeed y can execute wpkg from OCS.

Both coupled it's far better than one or the other, i think

Best Regards!

Charly