[wpkg-users] WPKG Client

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 22:15:18 CET 2015

Am 27.03.2015 um 15:53 schrieb Dave Evans:

> we're running WPKG Client 1.3.14-x64.msi across 200+ Windows 7 x64
> clients perfectly well, so it does run.

Does it run at system startup or at shutdown?

I had run it at shutdown, since this will make sure to have no running
user processes and you don't need any reboot.

The problem was, that long lasting installations got terminated, due to
the WPKG client not responding to the still alive requests of the
shutdown process on Windows 7.

I have since switched over to a scheduled task turning off the system
and executing WPKG before, if there is no one logged on.
This also prevents users from killing the process with the power button,
since they are always impatient.

--
Stefan P.

Top-posting: