[wpkg-users] Fwd: Invalid XML path specified: hosts+profiles+packages (not found).

Yanni y.goudetsidis at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Mon Nov 30 15:25:44 CET 2015

Hello everyone

I have been trying to make WPKG work for a few days with no luck. Below
is what I have done so far, after following the quick install quide in wiki.

1. Created a shared folder called wpkg. The owner is "Administrators",
and both "Administrator" and "Everyone" have read/write access to it.

2. I copied all the XML files (hosts,packages,profiles, wpkg.js) inside
the shared "wpkg" folder.

3.

My *hosts *file looks like this:*
*--------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<wpkg>

     <host name="beftaki" profile-id="test" />

</wpkg>

My *profiles* file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<profiles>

     <profile id="test">
         <package package-id="thunderbird" />
     </profile>

</profiles>

My *packages* file:

I copied and pasted the thunderbird package from here
(http://wpkg.org/Thunderbird)
but I replaced
<install cmd='"%SOFTWARE%\thunderbird\Thunderbird Setup %version%.exe"
-ms' />
with
<install cmd='"\\testserver1\wpkg\email\Thunderbird Setup %version%.exe"
-ms' />

in order to tell wpkg where the executable is.

4. The thunderbird executable is located inside the shared wpkg folder:

      D:\wpkg\email\thunderbird setup 38.4.0

5. Then moved into the client install section. Installed the client on
windows 7.
     Set the wpkg path to: \\testserver1\wpkg\wpkg.js, created an
account with access to the shared
     folder and then clicked on "test settings" and everything was fine.
No errors or failed messages.

6. I then start the WPKG service and waited for the thunderbird icon to
appear on my desktop. Nothing. :(

7. Here is my event log with errors about not finding my XML files.

Log level is 255
Reading host XML files.
WPKG base path: \\testserver1\wpkg
Invalid XML path specified: hosts (not found).
Reading XML file: //testserver1/wpkg/hosts.xml
Found 1 host entries.
Reading profile XML files.
WPKG base path: \\testserver1\wpkg
Invalid XML path specified: profiles (not found).
Reading XML file: //testserver1/wpkg/profiles.xml
Found 1 profile entries.
Reading package XML files.
WPKG base path: \\testserver1\wpkg
Invalid XML path specified: packages (not found).
Reading XML file: //testserver1/wpkg/packages.xml
Invalid XML structure found. Root element 'package' does not match
expected element name of 'packages'.
Found 0 package entries.
Reading settings file: C:\Windows\System32\wpkg.xml
WPKG base path: \\testserver1\wpkg
Reading XML file: C:/Windows/System32/wpkg.xml
Host operating system: microsoft windows 7 professional, , sp1, 6.1.7601
Found network service: {B3D30912-5F0C-499E-92C3-34462C2EB8F4}
Reading fixed IP address(es).
Found fixed IP address: ----------
Domain Name: testad
Found computer group: Domain Computers
Found user locale: 809
Found system locale: 409
Host properties: hostname='beftaki'
architecture='x64'
os='microsoft windows 7 professional, , sp1, 6.1.7601'
ipaddresses=
domain name='testad
groups='Domain Computers'
lcid='809'
lcidOS='409'
Profiles applying to the current host:
test

Hosts file contains 1 hosts:
'name='beftaki',profile-id='test''
Initializing new log file:
'C:\Users\7admin\AppData\Local\Temp\wpkg-beftaki.log' in replace mode.
Settings file contains 0 packages:
Packages file contains 0 packages:
Profile file contains 1 profiles:
'test'
Using profile(s):
'test'
Getting profiles which apply to this node.
Applying profile: test
Reading variables from hosts[s]
Reading variables from host: name='beftaki',profile-id='test'
Adding package with ID 'thunderbird' to profile packages.
Database inconsistency: Package with ID 'thunderbird' does not exist
within the package database or the local settings file. Please contact
your system administrator!
Synchronizing. Number of packages referenced by profile: 0.
Evaluating packages to be removed.
Number of packages to remove: 0

I am missing something but I can't see what it is.
If you have any advice please let me know.

Many thanks
goude