[wpkg-users] Java 8 on Win64 - the saga continues...

Frank Morawietz nestolea at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 21:57:17 CET 2016

Hi all,

a warm thank you to all supported my quest for a working Java
installation with ideas and code examples!
I learned a lot and I got to know some useful tools.

I finally got it working - even on Windows 8.1 !!!   :-)

The installation system was switched to the MSI variant.
Even this was hanging on my first tries. Then I noticed that the order
of parameters to MSIExec is important: When installing, the /i needs to
be the last one, directly before the path to the installation file.

Usually, I dump any output to stdout into a log file during
installation. But this didn't work with MSIExec either. Even when
running a silent installation (!) it got stuck again, when redirecting
it's stdout to the log. Only after I removed this redirection, it was
suddenly working (without any output to stdout)...

Just wanted to share those additional insights and experiences with you.

Best,
Frank
--
Frank Morawietz