[wpkg-users] Thunderbird and Lightning: Problems after upgrading to new version

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:42:29 CET 2016

Am 18.01.2016 um 10:33 schrieb Marco Gaiarin:
> Mandi! Stefan Pendl
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> It doesn't make any sense to distribute something separately that is
>> already included and maintained through the main installation ;-)
>
> For me, it maike sense at least for one reason: you have finer control
> on lightning revision, be able also to downgrade if needed.
>

> Aniway, «de gustibus non est disputandum». ;-)

This would be like distributing Outlook 2013 and replacing the calendar
feature by the one of Outlook 2010 or similar.

The Thunderbird release already includes the correct Lightning release
that has been sufficiently tested with it or am I wrong?

For me it just adds more complexity to Thunderbird if I would split it
into two packages once more, I was released that they finally merged the
two into one.

--
*Stefan P.*

Top-posting: