[wpkg-users] Thunderbird and Lightning: Problems after upgrading to new version

Holger Kröber kroeber at biom.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jan 19 11:06:07 CET 2016

Hello,

Am 19.01.2016 um 09:42 schrieb Stefan Pendl:
> Am 18.01.2016 um 10:33 schrieb Marco Gaiarin:
>> Mandi! Stefan Pendl
>>    In chel di` si favelave...
>>
>>> It doesn't make any sense to distribute something separately that is
>>> already included and maintained through the main installation ;-)
>>
>> For me, it maike sense at least for one reason: you have finer control
>> on lightning revision, be able also to downgrade if needed.
>>

>> Aniway, «de gustibus non est disputandum». ;-)
>>

> This would be like distributing Outlook 2013 and replacing the
> calendar feature by the one of Outlook 2010 or similar.
>
> The Thunderbird release already includes the correct Lightning release
> that has been sufficiently tested with it or am I wrong?
This is what i was hoping for, but it is obviously not the case - or i
wouldn´t have started this thread. There are problems sometimes.
So i appreciate Marco´s suggestions. On the next deployment i will test
if it is helpful to delete the bundled lightning after deployment - at
least on some computers.

Regards,
Holger