[wpkg-users] removing a package dependency has uninstalled that first package from all clients and then reinstalled

Paul McGrath J.P.McGrath at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 12:22:41 CET 2016

I've a bit of a problem this morning.

Yesterday I removed an old .Net package as a dependency of a Visual C 2008 redistributable.

This morning all packages that depend on VC2008 are currently uninstalling and reinstalling.  Essentially a dependency of a dependency has resulted in all my clients uninstalling software.

Why is it configured to do this?  It shouldn't be necessary.